"How to explain? Too difficult. Let me sum up." - Inigo Montoya
Let's just say I've lived in interesting times for better or worse.
I'm an adult and sometimes adult topics come up, so over twenty-one only please.
I consider myself a liminal person. I stand between genders, religions, order/chaos, rational/emotional, interior/exterior, and the world of the neurotypical and those with alternative brain design. I'm okay with that because standing in the doorway means you can look into both worlds and learn from them, changing and growing, embracing flexibility, rather than a static state. Also, I can usually translate. ;)
Strangers are welcome, but if you're friending me out of the blue, drop me a line so I know who you are. Otherwise I wonder....
It is always fine to link or quote public entries as long as you give me credit. Other stuff? Ask.
* This is a Real Life friend of mine. They do very much need the money and a number of people and beasts depend on him and his husband. They have been incredibly helpful and supportive of me. If you can kick in, it is a kindness.: https://www.youcaring.com/tod-788345
* This is my oldest continuous Real Life friend. She is disabled and really needs the money for herself and beasts. To buy jewelry from her: https://www.etsy.com/shop/karjack
(FAQs) 1. Gwydion is from the Mabinogion and a few other Welsh poems. He was punished by being transformed into male and female animals, switching roles every year so that they would learn what it was like to be both male and female. Gwydion learned to respect women, became a good foster father to his nephew, and a wizard-warrior.
2. I honestly don't mind people asking personal questions, even about the gender stuff. If I don't feel like answering, I can always say no or ask people to take it to email. Mostly, the reason I haven't posted detailed plans is because so much of what is happening in the next year isn't up to me; it's up to various bureaucrats who decide what benefits I get long term, if any. At this point, I am keeping my options open. If I'm going back to work, say next year, that really limits my options. If I'm not, a lot of what happens next depends on various medical and (growl) psychiatric types.
3. People keep asking me about pronouns, which is sensitive and correct of them. I don't plan on ever being a pronoun nazi, so please don't panic folks. I've decided I prefer "ze, zir, zim." I will answer to he, but I think "ze" is how I feel.
4. I'm still genderqueer/androgyne. I know, I know, a lot of people think and/or have said that starting hormones would make me feel more binary. It does not. Similarly, I'm still androphilic (I date men) and ethical polyamous, just as I always was. I'm still me, rather as I expected.
The Pets: Sr Beastie: Little Miss (white with tabby patches) Jr Beastie: Tavy (Brown with tabby markings)
I used to have a list of fish here, but it's huge, so I'm not bothering.